- 1 How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
- 2 How much does it cost to become a LMT?
- 3 Do massage therapists make good money?
- 4 Is it hard to learn massage therapy?
- 5 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 6 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 7 How do I become a LMT?
- 8 What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
- 9 How long is massage therapy school in California?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 11 What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
- 12 Is becoming a massage therapist worth it?
- 13 Is massage school easy?
- 14 How do massage therapist make money?
- 15 What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
The Path to a Career in Massage Therapy Our program requires a total of 750 program hours and takes 12 months to complete. Once you have completed the massage therapy program, you will be prepared to pass the MBLEX certification exam in order to become a Licensed Massage therapist.
How much does it cost to become a LMT?
While there are no super-reliable statistics on massage therapy school tuition, one popular, but unofficial source states that tuition can range “between $6,000 and $10,000,” while Massage Magazine notes that some programs can “ cost upward of $15,000.”
Do massage therapists make good money?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
Is it hard to learn massage therapy?
Education is never easy. For students with a passion for wellness, massage therapy programs are intense but exciting, demanding but not grueling and engaging but not difficult.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
How do I become a LMT?
Five Steps to Becoming a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Step 1 Complete a massage therapy program.
- Step 2 Complete practical requirements.
- Step 3 Pass the licensing examination.
- Step 4 Apply for a state license.
- Step 5 Complete a certification.
What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
You could take a Level 3 Diploma in Massage or Complementary Therapies. The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies (GCMT) is the governing body for massage therapy, and it sets the standards for the profession. GCMT suggest you take a course that lasts at least 6 months full time, or 12 months part time.
How long is massage therapy school in California?
– A total of 500 hours of study and practice are required to get your massage therapist certification in California. Of those 500 hours, 100 of them needs to be focused on anatomy, physiology, health and hygiene. Business training hours are also wrapped up in those 100 hour requirements.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
One of the cons of being a massage therapist is that the job can take a physical toll on your body. Practicing massage therapy inevitably will require you to use your body for hours. This can mean standing for long hours, working with your hands all day, or being bent over a massage table for too long.
Is becoming a massage therapist worth it?
Massage therapy is a rewarding career that enables you to relax and heal your clients. Clients may come to you because they need to unwind and relax, or they may be experiencing muscle tenderness and soreness. Becoming a massage therapist allows you to help your clients live a happy and healthy lifestyle.
Is massage school easy?
Massage therapy is hard on the therapist both physically and psychologically. The hours can be difficult. It is not easy to find the right massage therapy job.
How do massage therapist make money?
There are numerous passive income- earning opportunities for massage therapists. Some streams include blogging, podcasting, creating niche sites, Chatbots, selling eBooks, affiliate marketing and many more.
What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.