- 1 What does a Swedish full body massage include?
- 2 What is the difference between a Swedish massage and a regular massage?
- 3 Do you wear a bra in a massage?
- 4 Should I shave before a massage?
- 5 What is the most relaxing massage?
- 6 How much should you tip for a massage?
- 7 Which type of massage is best?
- 8 What should you not do during a massage?
- 9 What should I avoid after a massage?
- 10 Should I shower before a massage?
- 11 What is massage etiquette?
What does a Swedish full body massage include?
In the full body Swedish massage, your therapist will usually start by massaging your back and neck, then the legs, arms, hands and sometimes the feet. This massage sometimes includes a relaxing head massage (also known as a scalp massage, Indian head massage or Champissage).
What is the difference between a Swedish massage and a regular massage?
Swedish massage is one of the most commonly offered massage techniques. It’s sometimes called a classic massage. The technique aims to promote relaxation by releasing muscle tension. Swedish massage is gentler than deep tissue massage and better suited for people interested in relaxation and tension relief.
Do you wear a bra in a massage?
Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. It’s up to you. Women usually remove their bras to allow the massage therapist to work on the back and shoulder area without getting massage oil or lotion on the bra.
Should I shave before a massage?
Should I shave my legs before my massage or body treatment? Shaving is recommended but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain products may irritate newly-shaven skin.
What is the most relaxing massage?
The Most Relaxing Types of Massages
- Swedish Massage. The most common type of massage therapy, Swedish massage will help to relax you with a combination of specific movements including:
- Hot Stone Massage. Another very relaxing type of massage is the hot stone massage.
- Chair Massage.
- Aromatherapy Massage.
How much should you tip for a massage?
The standard hospitality rate for massage tipping is 20 percent. For example, if a massage or body treatment costs $100, a 20 percent tip would be $20.
Which type of massage is best?
Read on to learn about the different types of massage and which type might be right for you.
- Swedish massage. Swedish massage is a gentle type of full-body massage that’s ideal for people who:
- Hot stone massage.
- Aromatherapy massage.
- Deep tissue massage.
- Sports massage.
- Trigger point massage.
- Shiatsu massage.
What should you not do during a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You )
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no – no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
What should I avoid after a massage?
Stay hydrated Drink plenty of water before and after your massage. This helps flush away toxins or acids that come to the surface during your massage. Avoid alcoholic, sugary, and caffeinated drinks. Along with water, opt for healthy options such as coconut water, fresh fruit or vegetable juice, or herbal teas.
Should I shower before a massage?
Whether you receive an oil massage, aromatherapy, or reflexology, the answer is to not shower before a massage or after. Leave a few hour buffer period before doing so. When in the shower or a bath, the surface of the skin has increased blood circulation, which after a massage can lead to surface congestion.
What is massage etiquette?
Be Comfortable Most massages are best if you are completely naked, but if you’re uncomfortable without your underwear on you won’t be able to relax. If you prefer to keep your clothes on, you don’t have to apologize. Just remember that the therapist can only massage what is exposed.