- 1 What is proper etiquette when getting a massage?
- 2 What should you not do before a massage?
- 3 What should I expect from a massage session?
- 4 What can I expect from my first Swedish massage?
- 5 Do you have to take your clothes off for a massage?
- 6 Can you fall asleep during a massage?
- 7 What should I not say to my massage therapist?
- 8 Why do you feel high after a massage?
- 9 What should I avoid after a massage?
- 10 Should I shave before a massage?
- 11 What happens during a full body massage?
- 12 How do you prepare for a full body massage?
- 13 What does a full body Swedish massage include?
What is proper etiquette when getting a massage?
The Proper Rules and Etiquette for Getting a Massage
- Don’t Wear Granny Panties. Or, Just Don’t Wear Underwear.
- Tip Is Rarely Included.
- Choose the Right Massage Therapist.
- Don’t Chow Down Before You Get on the Table.
- Use Your Words.
- Do These Three Things Before You Arrive.
What should you not do before a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You )
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no – no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
What should I expect from a massage session?
Massage Therapy Session Depending on your needs, the massage therapist will massage either the full body (except private areas) or only specific areas that need attention, such as especially tight muscles. Remember to breathe normally. Table massage usually lasts between 30 and 90 minutes.
What can I expect from my first Swedish massage?
What to expect from a Swedish massage. Your massage will probably last around 60 or 90 minutes. Your therapist will give you time to undress privately and lie down on the massage table, which is usually padded for extra comfort, where you may cover yourself with towels.
Do you have to take your clothes off for a massage?
Typically, a massage therapist will ask you to undress to your level of comfort. Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. If your problem area is your low back, hips, buttocks, or groin, tight-fitting or large underwear can sometimes get in the way of massage work.
Can you fall asleep during a massage?
As any massage therapist will tell you, it is completely acceptable to fall asleep during a massage session. In fact, it is a very healthy and normal reaction to an extremely relaxing stimulus.
What should I not say to my massage therapist?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc.
- Excessive noises.
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness.
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready.
- Start undressing while we are still in the room.
- Touch us.
Why do you feel high after a massage?
The therapist’s touch causes an immediate reaction in your brain. As soon as your skin’s nerve cells feel pressure, they signal the brain to release feel -good chemicals called endorphins, which boost your mood and give you a natural high.
What should I avoid after a massage?
Stay hydrated Drink plenty of water before and after your massage. This helps flush away toxins or acids that come to the surface during your massage. Avoid alcoholic, sugary, and caffeinated drinks. Along with water, opt for healthy options such as coconut water, fresh fruit or vegetable juice, or herbal teas.
Should I shave before a massage?
Should I shave my legs before my massage or body treatment? Shaving is recommended but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain products may irritate newly-shaven skin.
What happens during a full body massage?
A full – body massage usually includes your arms, legs, hands and feet, your neck and back, your stomach and buttocks. The area around the breasts is usually massaged but not the breasts themselves. You can always say you hate having your breast area or buttocks or whatever touched.
How do you prepare for a full body massage?
Here are some tips for your next massage.
- Stay Hydrated. Being well hydrated before your massage is very important for the elimination of toxins that are released into the body’s circulation during treatment.
- Eat Lightly.
- Take a Hot Shower.
- Dress Comfortably.
- Arrive in Advance.
- Communicate your Needs.
- Relax during the massage.
What does a full body Swedish massage include?
In the full body Swedish massage, your therapist will usually start by massaging your back and neck, then the legs, arms, hands and sometimes the feet. This massage sometimes includes a relaxing head massage (also known as a scalp massage, Indian head massage or Champissage).