- 1 Do massage therapists make good money?
- 2 How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
- 3 How much does it cost to become a massage therapist in Canada?
- 4 Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 6 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 7 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 8 How much do LMT make?
- 9 Is massage therapy a good career choice?
- 10 How long does it take to become a massage therapist in Canada?
- 11 Are massage therapist in high demand?
- 12 Is massage therapy a good career in Canada?
- 13 How do massage therapist make money?
- 14 What other jobs can a massage therapist do?
- 15 What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
Do massage therapists make good money?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
The Path to a Career in Massage Therapy Our program requires a total of 750 program hours and takes 12 months to complete. Once you have completed the massage therapy program, you will be prepared to pass the MBLEX certification exam in order to become a Licensed Massage therapist.
How much does it cost to become a massage therapist in Canada?
Most Massage Therapy programs in Canada are 2200 hours and can range in tuition from $15,000 – $35,000 not including books and supplies. Breakdowns of different massage school tuitions are available online, but you will also encounter some schools that don’t list their pricing without a meeting or commitment.
Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
A career in massage therapy can be a very rewarding experience. It can also be a frustrating and disappointing experience. Though it feels great to work hard and pass the national exam, the hardest part actually comes after getting your license.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
How much do LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
Is massage therapy a good career choice?
Is Massage Therapy a Good Career? Massage school is often more affordable and much quicker to complete than a traditional college degree. What’s more, after earning a massage license, many massage therapists find employment quickly—usually within a matter of weeks—and report high job satisfaction.
How long does it take to become a massage therapist in Canada?
They require the completion of a 2,200 hour curriculum and a written and practical exam. Massage therapists can then use the title Registered Massage Therapist.
Are massage therapist in high demand?
Massage therapists are in high demand. Everywhere from hospitals and gyms to spas and resorts are adding them to their staffing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects massage therapist employment growth of 22 percent by 2024.
Is massage therapy a good career in Canada?
Every year, hundreds of graduate students enter the massage therapy profession across Canada, with high hopes of a satisfying career. Yet our statistics show that a great many therapists drop out of the profession in their first five years.
How do massage therapist make money?
There are numerous passive income- earning opportunities for massage therapists. Some streams include blogging, podcasting, creating niche sites, Chatbots, selling eBooks, affiliate marketing and many more.
What other jobs can a massage therapist do?
Massage Therapists – Similar Jobs
- Athletic Trainers.
- Physical Therapists.
- Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Physical Therapist Aides.
- Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors.
- Skin Care Specialists.
- Naturopathic Physicians.
What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.