- 1 What can I use instead of a massage table?
- 2 How can I make my massage table higher?
- 3 What is the hole in the middle of a massage table?
- 4 How do you lock a massage table?
- 5 What is a physical therapy table called?
- 6 What are treatment tables used for?
- 7 What is the correct height for a massage table?
- 8 What is the best width for a massage table?
- 9 How long does a massage table last?
What can I use instead of a massage table?
Also as mentioned, some people prefer an alternative rather than a table. Massage therapists are trained to work using a chair, table, the floor with some accessories like gym, futon or yoga mat, towels, and pillows.
How can I make my massage table higher?
The Height Of the Massage Table
- Stand up straight with your hands by your sides. Clench your fists.
- Measure the distance between the floor and your knuckles.
- This distance should equal the height of your massage table.
- Add a few inches in height to allow for the body of the patient on the massage table.
What is the hole in the middle of a massage table?
Face Port and Plugb A Face Port is a built-in recess or hole usually on one side of a massage table that is meant to cradle the client’s face when he or she is in the prone position. The Plug is a piece that fits into the Face Port to cover it when the Face Port is not being used.
How do you lock a massage table?
Push the two bars into the openings by the head of the massage bed. Gently pull up the little lever on the right side and adjust the height and tilt of the face cradle. Then gently push down the lever again to lock everything in place.
What is a physical therapy table called?
Mat Table, PT Table, Mat Platform, Physical Therapy Equipment. Mat tables, also known as mat platforms, are large, sturdy rehabilitation tables usually constructed from wood, and topped with a foam mat of at least 2-inches thickness, which is covered in vinyl or fabric.
What are treatment tables used for?
Treatment tables are platform table surfaces specially designed for therapists to treat and tend to their patients.
What is the correct height for a massage table?
The common height range of modern massage tables is 23” to 33”, which will suit just about any therapist. To work out the ideal height for you to work with, go through the following steps: Stand up straight, keeping your arms by your side and closing your fists.
What is the best width for a massage table?
The industry standard width is 30 inches though tables do come in a 28 to 32 inch range. The length is also determined so your clients do not feel their feet hanging off the table. The addition of a face cradle may also add up to 9 inches. The standard length for most massage tables is 73 inches.
How long does a massage table last?
Even if a “cheap” table uses the same design, the lower quality of materials will cause the table to wear out sooner, be it in the frame, vinyl, or foam. And, in six months to 18 months you’ll be faced with the necessity of having to purchase another massage table.