- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
- 2 How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
- 3 Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
- 4 Do massage therapists make good money?
- 5 How much does a LMT make?
- 6 How can I start my own massage business?
- 7 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 8 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 9 Is massage therapy a good career choice?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 11 What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
- 12 How do massage therapist make money?
- 13 What are the pros of being a massage therapist?
- 14 How much do massage therapist make per hour?
- 15 Are massage therapist in high demand?
What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
You could take a Level 3 Diploma in Massage or Complementary Therapies. The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies (GCMT) is the governing body for massage therapy, and it sets the standards for the profession. GCMT suggest you take a course that lasts at least 6 months full time, or 12 months part time.
How long does it take to become a certified massage therapist?
The Path to a Career in Massage Therapy Our program requires a total of 750 program hours and takes 12 months to complete. Once you have completed the massage therapy program, you will be prepared to pass the MBLEX certification exam in order to become a Licensed Massage therapist.
Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
A career in massage therapy can be a very rewarding experience. It can also be a frustrating and disappointing experience. Though it feels great to work hard and pass the national exam, the hardest part actually comes after getting your license.
Do massage therapists make good money?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
How much does a LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
How can I start my own massage business?
Start a massage therapy business by following these 10 steps:
- STEP 1: Plan your business.
- STEP 2: Form a legal entity.
- STEP 3: Register for taxes.
- STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card.
- STEP 5: Set up business accounting.
- STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- STEP 7: Get business insurance.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
Is massage therapy a good career choice?
Is Massage Therapy a Good Career? Massage school is often more affordable and much quicker to complete than a traditional college degree. What’s more, after earning a massage license, many massage therapists find employment quickly—usually within a matter of weeks—and report high job satisfaction.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
One of the cons of being a massage therapist is that the job can take a physical toll on your body. Practicing massage therapy inevitably will require you to use your body for hours. This can mean standing for long hours, working with your hands all day, or being bent over a massage table for too long.
How do massage therapist make money?
There are numerous passive income- earning opportunities for massage therapists. Some streams include blogging, podcasting, creating niche sites, Chatbots, selling eBooks, affiliate marketing and many more.
What are the pros of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.
How much do massage therapist make per hour?
Employee. According to reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average massage therapist hourly wage is $20.59 per hour.
Are massage therapist in high demand?
Massage therapists are in high demand. Everywhere from hospitals and gyms to spas and resorts are adding them to their staffing. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects massage therapist employment growth of 22 percent by 2024.