- 1 Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?
- 2 What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
- 3 Why do I love being a massage therapist?
- 4 Is it worth being a massage therapist?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 6 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 7 How many hours of massage should a therapist do a day?
- 8 Is massage therapy a good side job?
- 9 What are five benefits of massage?
- 10 Is 40 too old to become a massage therapist?
- 11 Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
- 12 What is the highest paid massage therapist?
- 13 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 14 How much does a LMT make?
- 15 What skills do massage therapists need?
Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?
Massage therapy is all about helping other people feel good. Whether it’s sports massage to help with injuries, deep tissue massage to help with conditions like arthritis or just a nice relaxing massage to help deal with stress, being a massage therapist means you can make a real difference in people’s lives.
What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.
Why do I love being a massage therapist?
To put it simply, it is the people. The people I get to work with everyday and the clients I have the privilege of helping. There is no better feeling in the world than seeing the look of relief on someone’s face after they get of the table.
Is it worth being a massage therapist?
A career in massage therapy offers many benefits, including high-job satisfaction, a good earning potential, and the ability to make real difference in the lives of others.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
How many hours of massage should a therapist do a day?
Typically a therapist in such spa work for 8 to 9 hours every day and perform around five to six massages. Hence for best results client should ensure that therapist is fresh, energetic and stress free. Janet Ishimoto, 7 years as a licensed massage therapist in the U.S. As many as they want and can handle, generally.
Is massage therapy a good side job?
Massage therapy is a very viable option as a side hustle. Is has flexibility for any work schedule, can be relaxing, fulfilling, and is a great income source. It also can turn into a very rewarding career. Massage therapy also has many different options other than just a salon.
What are five benefits of massage?
Top 5 Benefits Of Massage Therapy
- Decrease Stress.
- Improve Flexibility in your Muscles.
- Increase Immune Function.
- Reduce Pain.
- Sleep Better.
Is 40 too old to become a massage therapist?
With that in mind, sounds like a job massage therapy is tailor-made for a midlife career change. Better yet, there is no age limit on massage therapists. That means you are never too old to begin a career in massage therapy.
Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
About a dollar per minute is the general rule of thumb for charging for a massage. If you work for yourself and find your own clients, which means you can make a very nice income even if you just work part-time. Many massage therapists also enjoy gratuities for a job well done. Tips usually range15 to 20 percent.
What is the highest paid massage therapist?
Below is a list of the top-10 highest – paying states for massage therapists:
- Maine average massage therapist salary: $53,540.
- New York average massage therapist salary: $52,700.
- Nebraska average massage therapist salary: $52,320.
- Texas average massage therapist salary: $51,790.
- Idaho average massage therapist salary: $51,630.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
How much does a LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
What skills do massage therapists need?
Massage therapists should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Communication skills. Massage therapists need to listen carefully to clients in order to understand what they want to achieve through massage sessions.
- Decision-making skills.
- Physical stamina.
- Physical strength and dexterity.