- 1 Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?
- 2 Why do I love being a massage therapist?
- 3 What is good about being a massage therapist?
- 4 What is the goal of a massage therapist?
- 5 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 6 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 7 Is 40 too old to become a massage therapist?
- 8 Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
- 9 What is the highest paid massage therapist?
- 10 Is Massage Therapy hard to learn?
- 11 Do people like being a massage therapist?
- 12 How much do LMT make?
- 13 What kind of skills do massage therapists need?
- 14 What does a massage therapist do on a daily basis?
- 15 What does a body therapist do?
Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?
Massage therapy is all about helping other people feel good. Whether it’s sports massage to help with injuries, deep tissue massage to help with conditions like arthritis or just a nice relaxing massage to help deal with stress, being a massage therapist means you can make a real difference in people’s lives.
Why do I love being a massage therapist?
To put it simply, it is the people. The people I get to work with everyday and the clients I have the privilege of helping. There is no better feeling in the world than seeing the look of relief on someone’s face after they get of the table.
What is good about being a massage therapist?
It provides relaxation, manages pain, and treats a wide spectrum of conditions. Being able to provide relief to clients is extremely rewarding. Flexible Work Hours – Massage therapy is a family and lifestyle friendly career due to the flexible work schedule.
What is the goal of a massage therapist?
The sorts of goals that people often mention include reduce pain, reduce tension, improve movement, improve flexibility (these may be general or to a specific area), relaxation, improve energy levels, and decrease stress levels.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
Is 40 too old to become a massage therapist?
With that in mind, sounds like a job massage therapy is tailor-made for a midlife career change. Better yet, there is no age limit on massage therapists. That means you are never too old to begin a career in massage therapy.
Can I make a living as a massage therapist?
About a dollar per minute is the general rule of thumb for charging for a massage. If you work for yourself and find your own clients, which means you can make a very nice income even if you just work part-time. Many massage therapists also enjoy gratuities for a job well done. Tips usually range15 to 20 percent.
What is the highest paid massage therapist?
Below is a list of the top-10 highest – paying states for massage therapists:
- Maine average massage therapist salary: $53,540.
- New York average massage therapist salary: $52,700.
- Nebraska average massage therapist salary: $52,320.
- Texas average massage therapist salary: $51,790.
- Idaho average massage therapist salary: $51,630.
Is Massage Therapy hard to learn?
Education is never easy. Learning new things and pushing out of your comfort zone can be tough. For students with a passion for wellness, massage therapy programs are intense but exciting, demanding but not grueling and engaging but not difficult.
Do people like being a massage therapist?
Conclusion: High Job Satisfaction for Massage Therapists Overall, the findings from this recent survey reveal that there is a high level of job satisfaction for massage therapists. 88% of massage therapists reported feeling very satisfied or satisfied with their career.
How much do LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
What kind of skills do massage therapists need?
Massage therapists should also possess the following specific qualities:
- Communication skills. Massage therapists need to listen carefully to clients in order to understand what they want to achieve through massage sessions.
- Decision-making skills.
- Physical stamina.
- Physical strength and dexterity.
What does a massage therapist do on a daily basis?
On a daily basis, Massage Therapists massage and knead muscles and soft tissues of the body to provide treatment for medical conditions, injuries, or wellness maintenance. They apply finger and hand pressure to specific points of the body.
What does a body therapist do?
Body therapists work to heal ailments in patients bodies through pressure, massage, acupuncture or through the use of herbal remedies and medicines. They can heal chronic or acute pain, relax strained or overworked muscles, and promote better overall health.