- 1 What can I expect from a couples massage?
- 2 What do I wear to a couples massage?
- 3 How do you prepare for a couples massage?
- 4 Do couples talk during a couples massage?
- 5 Is a couples massage a good gift?
- 6 Do you wear a bra in a massage?
- 7 Should I shave before a massage?
- 8 What should you not do during a massage?
- 9 What’s the difference between a couples massage and a regular massage?
What can I expect from a couples massage?
When booked in a full-service spa a couple’s massage will typically include access to showers, hot tubs, lounging areas, and other spa amenities. At that point, the therapist will leave the room for a short time while you and your massage partner disrobe and lie down on the massage tables, with sheets covering you.
What do I wear to a couples massage?
What Do I Wear to a Couples Massage
- Arrive wearing loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- Avoid wearing any jewelry.
- Leave any bags or additional clothing behind.
How do you prepare for a couples massage?
Treat your love to an experience they’ll never forget at Avalon Spa and Salon!
- The Perfect End to a Stressful Day. Don’t schedule a massage in the morning, unless you’re both planning on taking the entire day off.
- Shower Beforehand.
- Eat Light.
- A Glass of Wine is Fine.
- Leave Your Phone Behind.
- Go When in a Good Mood.
Do couples talk during a couples massage?
Can I talk during the massage? Yesbut it’s not recommended. “One time, this married couple came in,” Monica begins. “And 20 or 30 minutes into the [ couples ] massage, they’re nice and relaxed, and it’s nice and quiet, and all of a sudden you hear her call out, ‘Honey?
Is a couples massage a good gift?
The couples massage is the perfect compromise for those times when one of you wants more quality time, and the other just wants to nap. As a bonus, a lot of couples massage packages include extras like chocolates and champagne, and those fluffy robes aren’t half bad either.
Do you wear a bra in a massage?
Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. It’s up to you. Women usually remove their bras to allow the massage therapist to work on the back and shoulder area without getting massage oil or lotion on the bra.
Should I shave before a massage?
Should I shave my legs before my massage or body treatment? Shaving is recommended but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain products may irritate newly-shaven skin.
What should you not do during a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You )
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no – no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
What’s the difference between a couples massage and a regular massage?
It’s a massage experience for two that has real benefits, for physical, mental, and relationship health. Ultimately, a couples massage is a shared experience – a massage for two people, at the same time, in the same private room, but on two separate massage tables and performed by two massage therapists.