- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
- 2 Do you need to be qualified to give massages?
- 3 How much do massages make a year?
- 4 How do I start a massage therapy career?
- 5 How much does a LMT make?
- 6 How can I start my own massage business?
- 7 Why do I want to be a massage therapist?
- 8 How long does it take to become a LMT?
- 9 Is a massage therapist a good job?
- 10 Is becoming a massage therapist worth it?
- 11 What are high paying jobs?
- 12 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 13 Is Massage Therapy hard to learn?
- 14 Is a massage therapist the same as a masseuse?
What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
You could take a Level 3 Diploma in Massage or Complementary Therapies. The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies (GCMT) is the governing body for massage therapy, and it sets the standards for the profession. GCMT suggest you take a course that lasts at least 6 months full time, or 12 months part time.
Do you need to be qualified to give massages?
Get qualified You won’t need to have a degree in order to become a Massage Therapist. However, some employers may prefer you to have a recognised certification like the International Massage Diploma or Level 3 CPD. Apprenticeships in massage therapy are also available.
How much do massages make a year?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
How do I start a massage therapy career?
5 Steps to Becoming a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Learn about the career and establish goals.
- Complete a therapeutic massage program.
- Obtain licensure.
- Get a business license (optional)
- Keep learning and teach others.
How much does a LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
How can I start my own massage business?
Start a massage therapy business by following these 10 steps:
- STEP 1: Plan your business.
- STEP 2: Form a legal entity.
- STEP 3: Register for taxes.
- STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card.
- STEP 5: Set up business accounting.
- STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses.
- STEP 7: Get business insurance.
Why do I want to be a massage therapist?
Helping Others. The most rewarding part of being a massage therapist is helping those in pain, recovering from injury, or suffering from stress. Massage makes people feel good, so your patients will look forward to their appointments and see you, which will make a huge impact on how you feel going to work each day.
How long does it take to become a LMT?
California requires massage therapists take a program with a minimum 500-hours of practical experience. Once you complete your training and obtain your license, you’ll need to renew it every two years and pay a $150 fee with your application. California also has requirements for continuing education units.
Is a massage therapist a good job?
A recent survey of nearly 1,200 licensed massage therapists points to strong job satisfaction rates: 88% of respondents reported feeling either “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with their jobs.
Is becoming a massage therapist worth it?
Massage therapy is a rewarding career that enables you to relax and heal your clients. Clients may come to you because they need to unwind and relax, or they may be experiencing muscle tenderness and soreness. Becoming a massage therapist allows you to help your clients live a happy and healthy lifestyle.
What are high paying jobs?
Highest Paying Occupations
|OCCUPATION||2020 MEDIAN PAY|
|Nurse anesthetists||$183,580 per year|
|Dentists, all other specialists||$183,300 per year|
|Pediatricians, general||$177,130 per year|
|Airline pilots, copilots, and flight engineers||$160,970 per year|
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
Is Massage Therapy hard to learn?
Education is never easy. Learning new things and pushing out of your comfort zone can be tough. For students with a passion for wellness, massage therapy programs are intense but exciting, demanding but not grueling and engaging but not difficult.
Is a massage therapist the same as a masseuse?
“ Masseuse ” is a French word that refers to a female who practices massage. It means the same thing as massage therapist. To earn the title, massage therapists have to study their craft and obtain state licensing.