- 1 What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
- 2 Do massage therapists make good money?
- 3 Is it hard to learn massage therapy?
- 4 Is massage therapy a good career?
- 5 How much does a LMT make?
- 6 How do I start a massage therapy career?
- 7 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 8 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 9 What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
- 10 How do massage therapist make money?
- 11 What other jobs can a massage therapist do?
- 12 Why do I love being a massage therapist?
- 13 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 14 What are some easy jobs that pay well?
- 15 What are the pros of being a massage therapist?
What qualifications do you need to be a massage therapist?
You could take a Level 3 Diploma in Massage or Complementary Therapies. The Council for Soft Tissue Therapies (GCMT) is the governing body for massage therapy, and it sets the standards for the profession. GCMT suggest you take a course that lasts at least 6 months full time, or 12 months part time.
Do massage therapists make good money?
The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
Is it hard to learn massage therapy?
Education is never easy. For students with a passion for wellness, massage therapy programs are intense but exciting, demanding but not grueling and engaging but not difficult.
Is massage therapy a good career?
Is Massage Therapy a Good Career? Massage school is often more affordable and much quicker to complete than a traditional college degree. What’s more, after earning a massage license, many massage therapists find employment quickly—usually within a matter of weeks—and report high job satisfaction.
How much does a LMT make?
What Is the Average Massage Therapist Salary by State
|State||Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
How do I start a massage therapy career?
5 Steps to Becoming a Licensed Massage Therapist
- Learn about the career and establish goals.
- Complete a therapeutic massage program.
- Obtain licensure.
- Get a business license (optional)
- Keep learning and teach others.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
One of the cons of being a massage therapist is that the job can take a physical toll on your body. Practicing massage therapy inevitably will require you to use your body for hours. This can mean standing for long hours, working with your hands all day, or being bent over a massage table for too long.
How do massage therapist make money?
There are numerous passive income- earning opportunities for massage therapists. Some streams include blogging, podcasting, creating niche sites, Chatbots, selling eBooks, affiliate marketing and many more.
What other jobs can a massage therapist do?
Massage Therapists – Similar Jobs
- Athletic Trainers.
- Physical Therapists.
- Physical Therapist Assistants.
- Physical Therapist Aides.
- Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors.
- Skin Care Specialists.
- Naturopathic Physicians.
Why do I love being a massage therapist?
To put it simply, it is the people. The people I get to work with everyday and the clients I have the privilege of helping. There is no better feeling in the world than seeing the look of relief on someone’s face after they get of the table.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
What are some easy jobs that pay well?
Luckily, there is a bounty of super- easy jobs that pay more than $50,000 per year.
- Personal shopper. Average Yearly Salary: $49,000.
- Insurance specialist. Average Yearly Salary: $33,000.
- Personal trainer. Average Yearly Salary: $38,000.
- Massage therapist.
- Graphic designer.
- Flight attendant.
- Freelance photographer.
What are the pros of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.