- 1 What is the point of a couples massage?
- 2 What do I wear to a couples massage?
- 3 Is a couples massage awkward?
- 4 How do you prepare for a couples massage?
- 5 Should I shave before getting a massage?
- 6 Is a couples massage a good gift?
- 7 What’s the difference between a couples massage and a regular massage?
- 8 What should you not do during a massage?
- 9 Should I shower before a massage?
- 10 What should you wear to a massage?
What is the point of a couples massage?
Most couples struggle with making time in their very busy schedules to spend quality time together, and a couples massage can be a purposeful and intentional reconnection. Massage therapy can help increase feelings of affection and intimacy by releasing oxytocin, serotonin, and dopamine in the body.
What do I wear to a couples massage?
What Do I Wear to a Couples Massage
- Arrive wearing loose-fitting, comfortable clothes.
- Avoid wearing any jewelry.
- Leave any bags or additional clothing behind.
Is a couples massage awkward?
Nothing is more awkward than one when a guest receiving a couple’s massage stares (or in some cases, glares) at the therapist providing a service to his or her significant other. This makes us incredibly uncomfortable and self conscious.
How do you prepare for a couples massage?
Treat your love to an experience they’ll never forget at Avalon Spa and Salon!
- The Perfect End to a Stressful Day. Don’t schedule a massage in the morning, unless you’re both planning on taking the entire day off.
- Shower Beforehand.
- Eat Light.
- A Glass of Wine is Fine.
- Leave Your Phone Behind.
- Go When in a Good Mood.
Should I shave before getting a massage?
Should I shave my legs before my massage or body treatment? Shaving is recommended but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain products may irritate newly-shaven skin.
Is a couples massage a good gift?
Sure, couples massages make great romantic gifts for women and men.
What’s the difference between a couples massage and a regular massage?
It’s a massage experience for two that has real benefits, for physical, mental, and relationship health. Ultimately, a couples massage is a shared experience – a massage for two people, at the same time, in the same private room, but on two separate massage tables and performed by two massage therapists.
What should you not do during a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You )
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no – no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
Should I shower before a massage?
Whether you receive an oil massage, aromatherapy, or reflexology, the answer is to not shower before a massage or after. Leave a few hour buffer period before doing so. When in the shower or a bath, the surface of the skin has increased blood circulation, which after a massage can lead to surface congestion.
What should you wear to a massage?
Typically, a massage therapist will ask you to undress to your level of comfort. Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. It’s up to you.