- 1 How much do massage therapist make per hour?
- 2 How much do high end massage therapists make?
- 3 Is massage therapy a good career?
- 4 Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
- 5 Why I quit being a massage therapist?
- 6 Can you make a living as a massage therapist?
- 7 What is the highest degree in massage therapy?
- 8 What is the difference between a masseuse and a massage therapist?
- 9 Where do acupuncturists make the most money?
- 10 What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
- 11 What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
- 12 What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
- 13 How can I make more money as a massage therapist?
- 14 Why do I love being a massage therapist?
- 15 What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
How much do massage therapist make per hour?
Employee. According to reports from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average massage therapist hourly wage is $20.59 per hour.
How much do high end massage therapists make?
Massage Therapists made a median salary of $42,820 in 2019. The best -paid 25 percent made $59,370 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $29,420.
Is massage therapy a good career?
Is Massage Therapy a Good Career? Massage school is often more affordable and much quicker to complete than a traditional college degree. What’s more, after earning a massage license, many massage therapists find employment quickly—usually within a matter of weeks—and report high job satisfaction.
Is it hard to become a massage therapist?
A career in massage therapy can be a very rewarding experience. It can also be a frustrating and disappointing experience. Though it feels great to work hard and pass the national exam, the hardest part actually comes after getting your license.
Why I quit being a massage therapist?
The first five years of practice are the most difficult because you’re not used to the physical demands, and many massage therapists quit due to burnout. Acclimating to the emotional demands are difficult as well. Clients come to you with frustrations and complaints, often times breaking down and crying in the room.
Can you make a living as a massage therapist?
10 States Where Massage Therapists Earn the Most Money The national average annual wage of an massage therapist is $47,180, according to the latest data from the BLS. This is around $6,000 less than current average annual salary for all occupations, $53,490.
What is the highest degree in massage therapy?
There are no doctoral degree programs in massage therapy. Those who would like to become massage therapists may earn a certificate or an associate’s degree in massage therapy. Most of certificate programs are equivalent to associate-level programs, but without the general education courses.
What is the difference between a masseuse and a massage therapist?
“ Masseuse ” is a French word that refers to a female who practices massage. It means the same thing as massage therapist. To earn the title, massage therapists have to study their craft and obtain state licensing. From there, they can practice in spas, medical centers, offices, and everywhere in between.
Where do acupuncturists make the most money?
Top searched states for Acupuncturist Salaries
- New York.
What are the disadvantages of being a massage therapist?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the cons of being a massage therapist?
One of the cons of being a massage therapist is that the job can take a physical toll on your body. Practicing massage therapy inevitably will require you to use your body for hours. This can mean standing for long hours, working with your hands all day, or being bent over a massage table for too long.
What is the lifespan of a massage therapist?
Reports vary but word on the street is that the average career for a massage therapist lasts anywhere between 5-8 years!
How can I make more money as a massage therapist?
There are numerous passive income – earning opportunities for massage therapists. Some streams include blogging, podcasting, creating niche sites, Chatbots, selling eBooks, affiliate marketing and many more.
Why do I love being a massage therapist?
To put it simply, it is the people. The people I get to work with everyday and the clients I have the privilege of helping. There is no better feeling in the world than seeing the look of relief on someone’s face after they get of the table.
What are the benefits of being a massage therapist?
10 Benefits of Massage Therapy as a Career
- You become a licensed professional.
- Multiple areas of specialty.
- Get a job right away.
- Great earning potential.
- Classmates become colleagues.
- Make your own schedule.
- Less stress.
- You get to stay fit and active.