- 1 What do you wear when getting a massage?
- 2 What should I expect for my first massage?
- 3 What do you wear for a deep tissue massage?
- 4 What should you not do during a massage?
- 5 Should I shave before a massage?
- 6 What is massage etiquette?
- 7 What happens during a full body massage?
- 8 What do you do at a Lomi Lomi Massage?
- 9 How much should you tip your massage?
- 10 Is it rude to fall asleep during a massage?
- 11 Should you take a shower before a massage?
- 12 What should you not do before a deep tissue massage?
- 13 Do you wear a bra in a massage?
- 14 What should I not say to my massage therapist?
- 15 Is it rude not to tip a massage therapist?
What do you wear when getting a massage?
What should a massage therapist wear?
- Is comfortable but also looks professional.
- Is conservative & not provocative.
- If wearing scrubs, they should be monochromatic.
- Flexible and fitted with a neckline no more than two inches below the collarbone.
- Both tops & pants should never be too short or too tight.
What should I expect for my first massage?
A 60 minute full body massage typically starts with a head & scalp massage to get you relaxed. Then, they will work the neck and shoulders, move on to each arm, and work their way to the legs & feet. Next, you will flip around on the massage table and they will work on the back of the legs and potentially the glutes.
What do you wear for a deep tissue massage?
Wear loose, comfortable clothes. For some, wearing comfortable clothing can automatically trigger muscle relaxation. Also, muscle soreness may vary after the massage is over, so loose clothes may be easier (and more comfortable!) for you to put on before you leave the clinic. Know your goals for the massage.
What should you not do during a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You )
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no – no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
Should I shave before a massage?
Should I shave my legs before my massage or body treatment? Shaving is recommended but please be sure to do so no less than four hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Certain products may irritate newly-shaven skin.
What is massage etiquette?
Be Comfortable Most massages are best if you are completely naked, but if you’re uncomfortable without your underwear on you won’t be able to relax. If you prefer to keep your clothes on, you don’t have to apologize. Just remember that the therapist can only massage what is exposed.
What happens during a full body massage?
A full – body massage usually includes your arms, legs, hands and feet, your neck and back, your stomach and buttocks. The area around the breasts is usually massaged but not the breasts themselves. You can always say you hate having your breast area or buttocks or whatever touched.
What do you do at a Lomi Lomi Massage?
Lomi lomi is a traditional Hawaiian massage that uses a combination of massage techniques, nut oils, and sometimes elements of prayer, breathing and dance to restore energy and soothe the body. It is also known as the ‘loving hands’ massage.
How much should you tip your massage?
The standard hospitality rate for massage tipping is 20 percent. For example, if a massage or body treatment costs $100, a 20 percent tip would be $20.
Is it rude to fall asleep during a massage?
The answer is, no. A therapist is still able to perform a high quality massage even if their client is asleep. It’s not rude, nor does it insult them in anyway. In fact, sleeping through a massage is a compliment to the therapist.
Should you take a shower before a massage?
Let’s get one thing out of the way: experienced massage therapists agree that taking a shower before your massage is a always a good idea. You should rinse off chlorine, perspiration or environmental pollutants before your treatment or therapy, because you don’t want all that to be rubbed into your skin.
What should you not do before a deep tissue massage?
Do not eat a heavy meal or drink a large amount of liquids in the hours before your massage. Deep tissue massage requires intense pressure, which can be uncomfortable if your stomach is full or trying to digest a large meal. For a deep tissue massage to be effective, you must be relaxed.
Do you wear a bra in a massage?
Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. It’s up to you. Women usually remove their bras to allow the massage therapist to work on the back and shoulder area without getting massage oil or lotion on the bra.
What should I not say to my massage therapist?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc.
- Excessive noises.
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness.
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready.
- Start undressing while we are still in the room.
- Touch us.
Is it rude not to tip a massage therapist?
There are no definite rules on how much money you should tip your massage therapist. Some spas have no tipping policies, so it’s always helpful to ask ahead of time. But given that you were happy with the service, 15–20% of the total amount is an appropriate tip for a massage.