- 1 What is Feather Touch Massage?
- 2 What is light touch?
- 3 What should you not do during a massage?
- 4 What is soft touch treatment?
- 5 What is soft massage?
- 6 What is friction massage?
- 7 What is the opposite of touching light?
- 8 How do I test my touch light?
- 9 Do you have to take your clothes off for a massage?
- 10 What should I not say to my massage therapist?
- 11 Can you fall asleep during a massage?
- 12 How is Swedish massage done?
What is Feather Touch Massage?
Light touch or feather touch is the very lightest form of massage. I find this to be a very hard form of massage to perform since as massage therapist we are trained to do medium to deep tissue massage. This type of massage will wear out your massage therapist and should be 60-90 minutes in length.
What is light touch?
light touch. noun. a friendly, relaxed, or humourous way of doing something: She brings a light touch to the office hiring rituals, which makes everyone feel comfortable. 6
What should you not do during a massage?
5 Things You Should Never Do Before Your Massage (Number 5 Might Surprise You)
- Drink. Water, yes, but alcohol is a real no-no.
- Sunbathe. This is tough to avoid on vacation, but experts recommend spending the day-of your massage out of direct sunlight to help prevent sunburn.
- Feel ill.
What is soft touch treatment?
In printing, the term ” soft touch ” is often used as a generic reference to any finishing method that adds a velvety- soft feel to print materials. Unlike most design elements that appeal to the sense of sight, a soft touch finish allows a printed piece to gain distinction by stimulating the sense of touch.
What is soft massage?
Soft tissue massage is a form of massage therapy where the joints and soft tissues are exercised to lessen muscle tension and pain.
What is friction massage?
Frictions are a specific massage technique performed on soft tissues with fingers and thumbs. Frictions are a soft tissue manipulation performed with pressure across ligaments, tendons, fascia and muscles.
What is the opposite of touching light?
What is the opposite of light touch?
How do I test my touch light?
1) Light touch testing – ABILITY TO LOCALISE
- Commence testing in area of suspected impaired sensation.
- Start distally in arm/leg, in a random sequence lightly but rapidly stroke a small area of patient’s skin on different surfaces using a cotton bud or tissue, use equal pressure throughout all tests.
Do you have to take your clothes off for a massage?
Typically, a massage therapist will ask you to undress to your level of comfort. Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. If your problem area is your low back, hips, buttocks, or groin, tight-fitting or large underwear can sometimes get in the way of massage work.
What should I not say to my massage therapist?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc.
- Excessive noises.
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness.
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready.
- Start undressing while we are still in the room.
- Touch us.
Can you fall asleep during a massage?
As any massage therapist will tell you, it is completely acceptable to fall asleep during a massage session. In fact, it is a very healthy and normal reaction to an extremely relaxing stimulus.
How is Swedish massage done?
The most common type of massage is Swedish massage therapy. It involves soft, long, kneading strokes, as well as light, rhythmic, tapping strokes, on topmost layers of muscles. This is also combined with movement of the joints. By relieving muscle tension, Swedish therapy can be both relaxing and energizing.