- 1 What is massage therapy used for?
- 2 What are the 5 benefits of massage?
- 3 What can a massage therapist tell about your body?
- 4 Is body massage good for health?
- 5 What are the disadvantages of massage therapy?
- 6 What are the side effects of a massage?
- 7 What should I do after massage?
- 8 How often should you get massages?
- 9 Why is it important to drink water after a massage?
- 10 What should I not say to my massage therapist?
- 11 Do Massages reduce inflammation?
- 12 Is it rude to fall asleep during a massage?
- 13 Should I get a 60 or 90 minute massage?
- 14 What do you wear for a full body massage?
- 15 What happens during a full body massage?
What is massage therapy used for?
Massage can reduce pain and anxiety for people with chronic illnesses, such as cancer, and reduce the physiological burden of stress. It can help treat conditions including stress-related tension, cancer-related fatigue, sleep disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, low back pain and depression, just to name a few.
What are the 5 benefits of massage?
Top 5 Health Benefits of Regular Massage Therapy
- Lower stress. The long-term effects of stress can take emotional and physical tolls.
- Increase immune function.
- Boost mental health and wellness.
- Manage pain.
- Improve physical fitness.
What can a massage therapist tell about your body?
A therapist can tell whether you stretch or exercise and what type of activities you participate in based on the length of your muscles or tensions you may have in certain areas. Whether you drink enough water. Dry skin and underlying tissue are indicators of lack of hydration.
Is body massage good for health?
A Healthy Heart A full- body massage is good for your heart as well. The vasodilation produced by massage increases your venous return which, in turn, increases blood flow and delivery of oxygen to all your organs. Your entire cardiovascular system relaxes and circulation throughout your body improves.
What are the disadvantages of massage therapy?
What are the Disadvantages of Massage Therapy?
- Time Engaging. We live in a busy world where time factor is a rare commodity.
- Expense. Trained and accredited therapists earn a living conducting massage therapies and they are not free.
- Physical Injuries.
What are the side effects of a massage?
Most Common Side Effects
- Lingering Pain. Due to the pressurised techniques used in a deep tissue massage, some people have suffered from some version of pain during and/or after their therapy session.
- Fatigue or Sleepiness.
What should I do after massage?
Post – Massage Care: Getting The Most Out Of Your Massage
- DRINK WATER. Massage increases your blood circulation and hydrates your muscle tissues.
- HAVE A BATH.
- WELCOME ANY EMOTIONS.
- PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR BODY’S REACTION.
How often should you get massages?
It is recommended to be getting massaged at least once every three weeks (or every two) to help aid in healthy tissue repair and reduce pain felt from the intensive workouts that the body is going through. Massage will also help with the accumulation of work-related stress.
Why is it important to drink water after a massage?
Water helps purify your kidneys, and these organs help process key nutrients and toxins! The water flushes the free radicals released during a massage out and oxygenates your cells to help produce more of the good stuff. Drinking water post- massage = giving thanks to your immune system.
What should I not say to my massage therapist?
What NOT to Say / Do with Your Massage Therapist
- Ask your massage therapist to go see a movie / come to your house / etc.
- Excessive noises.
- Comment on our looks/attractiveness.
- Poke your head out of the room to let us know you’re ready.
- Start undressing while we are still in the room.
- Touch us.
Do Massages reduce inflammation?
The results confirm that massage therapy can reduce inflammation, if administered correctly through professional massage therapists, however, you may find that simply performing light exercise will reduce inflammation more effectively.
Is it rude to fall asleep during a massage?
The answer is, no. A therapist is still able to perform a high quality massage even if their client is asleep. It’s not rude, nor does it insult them in anyway. In fact, sleeping through a massage is a compliment to the therapist.
Should I get a 60 or 90 minute massage?
If relaxation is your goal, then a 50 or 60 minute massage is generally appropriate. You can certainly do a longer session of 80 or 90 minutes if you like, but anything much longer than that may tend to feel a bit repetitive or may leave you groggy afterward. Specific work is generally more time-consuming.
What do you wear for a full body massage?
Typically, a massage therapist will ask you to undress to your level of comfort. Many people prefer to keep their underwear on during a massage, while others prefer to be nude. It’s up to you.
What happens during a full body massage?
A full – body massage usually includes your arms, legs, hands and feet, your neck and back, your stomach and buttocks. The area around the breasts is usually massaged but not the breasts themselves. You can always say you hate having your breast area or buttocks or whatever touched.